Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What more can you do?

I try not to preach, but....well, sometimes I get a little preachy.

This time of year I also tend to get rather introspective. Tonight is the start of Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year). September marks the start of school. Its also the month that marks anniversaries of national revolutions, military coups, and terrorism (Spanish, Libyan, Thai, Chilean, Argentinian, American) - anniversaries which inevitably make me think of lives cut short, before those living them could do all they had hoped or dreamed of doing.

Since I traffic in philanthropy - a values-based industry - I take time at this point in the year to ask myself, Am I doing all I can about the things I care about? Am I doing the things I do best? Am I doing what I want to be doing? What more can I do?

I hope your answers are satisfying to you.

L' Shana Tova (for a good year)

No comments: